Tuesday, July 28, 2009

The Secretary likes getting Bent


Being the editor of this Blog you will have to indulge me if I show some photos of the recumbent bikes I have home built.
This was the first recumbent I built it is a Marauder Clone from the
http://atomiczombie.com/
This performs okay on the flat and downhill.It is pretty heavy as I have overengineered it. I made this with a cheap arc welder and some pretty basic hand tools.







This is the second bike I built it is a recumbent tadpole trike. I was inspired to build one after riding my mate Garry's Logo Trike.
It has 26" Mountain bike wheels as I had them sitting around in my donor bike heap. I did not want to spend any money in case it did not work. I am happy with how it performs. I use it as my town bike when I ride down to do the shopping.
As I live at the top of a big hill I have added intermediate gears later to give me low enough gearing to get up the hill to home. This is visible just behind the seat.




This is my last bike I built it is actually the fourth bike.I have used the lessons learned from my not so successful third bike to get this design right.
I am impressed with how well it performs.
It wets my appetite to purchase a proper manufactured recumbent so that I can experience really good performance.

No comments:

Post a Comment